Sunday, January 10, 2010

fire fire!


So tonight was very adventurous. I tried to cook nachos and none of us are very used to our new oven so I want to point out I am not the first to burn something. However I am the first to start a legitimate fire.

Here you cant broil nachos on a paper plates. its a no no. I only began to notice anything when major smoke was coming out of the top of the oven. Luckily we have a fire extinguisher nice and near, I can only imagine for such occasions. And thank goodness for cert because I remembered PASS. pull, aim, squeeze, and sweep. I was a little over zealous with the sweeping. In seconds our kitchen was covered in a very fine and smelly powder. Including all of the newly washed dishes and food that was just sitting out. We then had to open ALL the windows and attempt to fan it out using the door and some notebooks. That took some time and the cleaning took even longer, I took some pictures to document this momentous occasion.

Later my roomies and I went to I-night. and Cassidy and I did some sumo wrestling. Cassidy hit her head pretty hard. Then jeremy and I did the bungee run (you wrap a bungee cord around your midle and run as fast and far as you can to beat your opponent) In theory it sounds fun. Doing it however was not. I got pulled back so hard I hit my head three times and got some burns from the cord. It was really painful.

Not as painful as the obstacle course however. Cassidy and I raced through a giant inflatable thing. The army men were not helping they were pushing and shaking it was much as they could. But the best part by far was climbing the wall with a rope and no foot holds. We couldnt wear shoes so I could not get any purchase so it took three guys to help me up the stinkin wall. And Cassidy had her issues too. She got stuck on the wall and her pants were falling down and there was nothing she could do about it. so she kinda mooned some of the kids from school.

Its only the first week of school and we have made quite the fools of ourselves. This semester should be pretty entertaining

No comments:

Post a Comment